June 26th - July 3rd, 2020
On Wednesday, Governor Roy Cooper announced that North Carolina will remain in Phase Two of reopening. It was also announced that the wearing of a face covering when in public spaces is now REQUIRED. The next announcement will be made on July 17th.
Ticket sales for the OBX Wedding Fest on November 8th will go on sale next Wednesday!
It looks like the next few days will be full of off-and-on rain and shine, but if you frequent the Outer Banks, you'll know that the weather here is basically unpredictable! Don't let a forecast stop you from heading to the beach, but, bring an umbrella just in case!
As North Carolina moved into Phase 2 of reopening, restaurants were granted permission to re-open for dine in services at 50% capacity. It is still recommended that tables are distanced and that no more than six people should sit at a table unless they are a family from the same household. Make sure to call before dining out to make sure that the restaurant you are going to is allowing dine-in customers. Take-out and delivery services are also still offered. You can find a list of caterers and restaurants in the area here.
Jockey’s Ridge Crossing will be hosting the Annual Sunset Festival this year running from June 8th to August 21st. Make it a fun trip to Jockeys Ridge Crossing to experience their nightly events, shopping, sweet treats, and walk up the sand dunes to experience the serene sunsets. The Outer Banks has one of the best places to view the evening Sunset on Jockeys Ridge Sand Dunes. Stop by the Kitty Hawk Kites store to pick up a kite to fly while watching the sunset.
- Thursday from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday from 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sunday from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Check out the Under the Tent live performances at NC Coast Grill & Bar in Duck. The shows run weekly.
- Kim Kalman performs on the patio at The Froggy Dog Restaurant & Pub every Wednesday and Friday from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. and on Sundays from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- The Outer Banks Brewing Station will be hosting Backyard Music Sessions this weekend:
- Paul Urban & Friends will be at Sanctuary Vineyards this Saturday, June 27th from noon until 3 p.m.
- Kitty Hawk
- Downtown Manteo
- Kill Devil Hills
- Jennette's Pier
The pier will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Ticketing will be outside and all interactive exhibits, the Pier Shop, the Public Bathhouse, the Surfside Classroom and Oceanview Hall will be closed.
Image: Jonathan Pillow Photography