Tips for a Successful Wedding Weekend & Expo
Tips for a successful Wedding Weekend on the Outer Banks 1. Review your registration packet. The full directory, available in Outer Banks Bride, and the maps, available in the program, will help you plan your weekend.
2. Review all of the tour materials. Some vendors will be open for both the morning and evening tours. Plan to visit with vendors during the day and select some of the evening vendors for your dinner plans. Note: with 40 miles between each lighthouse it would be a great feat to travel the whole tour in one day, but it would not allow you time to review the ceremony/reception sites or visit the wedding professional open houses along the tour.
For the Expo, you can begin in either the middle school or the high school, but plan on attending both venues so you don t miss out on any of the vendors. OBWA member transportation companies, Island Limousine & Taxi and Sandy Beach Tours, will be available to shuttle guests between the schools, so plan appropriately.
3. Dress with care. Coats may be required outside, but inside the building will be warm, so dress in layers that will allow you to adapt as needed. Remember, it will be a long day and you want to dress comfortably so you will be able to focus your attention on finding what you need.
4. Come Prepared. With so many wedding category vendors available in one place, you need to devise a quick 30 second introduction to determine if each vendor can meet your basic needs. Therefore come prepared with your date, location, and a realistic number of guests. Presenting this information up front will allow the vendor to immediately determine if they are available for your date, if they service your location and whether their venue or business can support your guest list. Once these basics are established, then you can take the time to review what the vendor has to offer, but don t fall in love with the vendor just to find out they are not available.
5. Set up an email account specifically for your wedding planning. Provide this email address to allow for easily sorting all of the information received from the many vendors you meet.
6. Bring pre-printed address labels. This will allow you to quickly enter drawings and giveaways at vendor booths, include the wedding email address you have set up.
7. Come hungry! Many vendors offer amazing samples to taste, enough to keep you energized for the day.
Plan of Attack to Get the Most Out of the Expo 1. Prioritize. Make a list of the vendors you will need and prioritize who you need to meet first. Saturday s First Look Expo is the best opportunity to touch base with your priority vendors. Don t place your focus on vendors that you have already booked or whose services you don t require. Your time is limited, so focus on meeting and speaking with your high priorities first, then double back to meet the others if time warrants. Utilize your Vendor Map provided in your registration packet.
2. Questions? The OBWA vendors will be displaying their best work, so become inspired and ask questions. Remember these vendors want to work with you to create an amazing event, so they would love to hear your ideas and your feedback on their displays.
3. Focus. If you have determined that you plan to spend a larger portion of your budget on one area of the wedding, then focus on speaking with those vendors to determine the best options available for you.
4. Book it? or Not? Remember the 30 second commercial to determine if a vendor can meet your basic needs? What if you fall in love with the vendor, they are perfect and it feels right? Do you wait to meet a few others, or wait a few weeks to review the materials? Remember there will be hundreds of brides meeting Outer Banks vendors on Jan. 19-20 and your perfect fit may be their perfect fit. Come prepared to book a vendor if they are a fit, because tomorrow they may not be available. To ensure a vendor is right for you, ask questions, ask questions, ask questions.
5. Specials & Promotions. Many vendors will be offering Wedding Expo promotions that will offer a bonus for booking either that day or within a specified time after the expo weekend. Remember to ask, Do you have an Expo Promotion Special?
Dream Wedding Giveaway Don't miss the opportunity to win this once in a lifetime gift - a Dream Wedding using premier wedding vendors here on the Outer Banks. Be sure to arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled drawing. You must be present to win the Dream Wedding.