This Week on the Outer Banks | September 4 - September 11, 2020
September 4th - September 11th, 2020
Happy Labor Day Weekend! Due to increased late Summer travel to the Outer Banks, Cape Hatteras National Seashore has extended lifeguarding services through the end of September. Lifeguards will be stationed at Coquina, Frisco and Ocracoke beach access from 9am-5pm.
NC Governor Roy Cooper announced this week that North Carolina will be moving into Phase 2.5 on September 4th at 5pm. Visitors and residents are encouraged to follow the “Three W’s” as outlined by the N.C. Department of Health & Human Services. (WEAR a face covering, WAIT in line at least six feet away from others, and WASH or sanitize hands frequently.) The next announcement is expected on October 2nd.
Under Phase 2.5:
- At risk individuals are still advised to stay home.
- Limits on mass gatherings will increase to 25 indoors and 50 outdoors.
- Large venues will be subject to the mass gathering restrictions.
- Museums and aquariums may open at 50% capacity.
2020 has brought a lot of new terminology to the wedding industry, but the one that seems to be getting the most attention is the rise of the MICRO WEDDING. Micro weddings are the perfect compromise between your run-of-the-mill wedding and an elopement. Read our latest blog for 5 Reasons why you should consider a micro wedding for your big (or small) day!
The Outer Banks Wedding Association has been hosting We Do! Sessions with our vendors here on the Outer Banks. Different creative vendors teach us how to do something and we ask them follower submitted questions. Check them out on our Instagram TV Channel @obxwa
Ticket sales for the OBX Wedding Fest on November 8th are on sale now!
After a few days of heat advisories, we are expecting a cooler Labor Day weekend.
- Join us in the backyard for Brew & Arts every Monday! Local artists, local brew and great food. This event is free of charge and family friendly. Rotating local artists will be selling art, jewelry, pottery and more in the Beer Garden (weather permitting). The OBX Muse bus will be on site as well!
Whalehead in Historic Corolla will be hosting weekly events:
- Yoga in the Park sessions on Thursdays at 7:30 a.m. BYO yoga mat and start your day off with a quick sweat session before heading to the beach!
- Weekly Cornhole Tournaments on Wednesdays at 4 p.m.
- Cork & Craft from August 5th to September 9th every Wednesday from 4p.m. - 8p.m.
- Kim Kalman performs on the patio at The Froggy Dog Restaurant & Pub every Wednesday and Friday from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. and on Sundays from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- SOULone will perform Friday, September 4th at 6pm at Poor Richard's Sandwich Shop in Manteo.
- Steve Hauser will be at Ocean Boulevard Bistro & Martini Bar on September 4th at 6 p.m.
- Check out the Under the Tent live performances at NC Coast Grill & Bar in Duck. The shows run weekly.
- 9/4: The Wilder Brothers at 6 p.m.
- 9/7: Bryan Campbell at 6 p.m.
- Kitty Hawk
- Downtown Manteo
- Kill Devil Hills
- Jennette's Pier
A new 9-hole disc golf course, Ace Run, is now open at North End Park located at the northern end of Roanoke Island. Dare County Parks and Recreation operates the park and designed the short course with families and beginners in mind.
Located near the William B. Umstead Bridge, the Ace Run disc golf course features a mostly flat and lightly wooded landscape with grass tees. The park area also has a restroom facility and is open from 7 a.m. until sunset. Grab a disc and enjoy free outdoor family fun at Ace Run at North End Park located at 1788 North Highway 64, Manteo, NC 27954.
NC Aquarium at Roanoke Island will open on September 14th at 50% capacity. Admission must be purchased online and guests will reserve their tickets for specific arrival times. Tickets can be purchased at www.ncaquariums.com
Header Image: Coastal Shots