This Week on the Outer Banks | June 12, 2020 - June 19, 2020
June 12th - June 19th, 2020
With visitors being allowed back into Dare County and onto the Outer Banks, we will be putting together a weekly list of current events and news occurring on the Outer Banks. Social distancing is still recommended, and when going out in public, visitors and residents are encouraged to follow the “Three W’s” as outlined by the N.C. Department of Health & Human Services. (WEAR a face covering, WAIT in line at least six feet away from others, and WASH or sanitize hands frequently.)
After a beautiful week, the rain has arrived. The forecast is showing consistent rainy days over the next week with the next day of sun being next Friday. Sounds like the perfect weekend for take-out and Netflix!
As North Carolina moved into Phase 2 of reopening, restaurants were granted permission to re-open for dine in services at 50% capacity. It is still recommended that tables are distanced and that no more than six people should sit at a table unless they are a family from the same household. Make sure to call before dining out to make sure that the restaurant you are going to is allowing dine-in customers. Take-out and delivery services are also still offered. You can find a list of caterers and restaurants in the area here.
- Check out the Under the Tent live performances at NC Coast Grill & Bar in Duck. The shows run weekly at 6 p.m. Steve Hauser will be playing there next Thursday, June 18th at 7 p.m.
- 6/12: The Wilder Brothers at 6 p.m.
- 6/15: Bryan Campbell at 6 p.m.
- 6/16: Greg Shelton at 6 p.m.
- Kim Kalman performs on the patio at The Froggy Dog Restaurant & Pub every Wednesday and Friday from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. and on Sundays from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Muse Originals Mobile OBX Market will be parked outside of Rundown Cafe in Kitty Hawk every:
- Thursday from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday from 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sunday from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- SOULone will be performing at the Tap Shack in Coastal Cravings in Duck, NC on June 12th, 2020 beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Kitty Hawk
- Downtown Manteo
- Kill Devil Hills
- Jennette's Pier
The pier will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Ticketing will be outside and all interactive exhibits, the Pier Shop, the Public Bathhouse, the Surfside Classroom and Oceanview Hall will be closed.