This Week on the Outer Banks | July 3, 2020 - July 10, 2020
July 3rd - July 10th, 2020
Happy 4th of July Weekend! Most firework displays have been canceled or postponed on the Outer Banks due to COVID-19 restrictions. The Whalehead in Historic Corolla is hosting it's 28th Annual Independence Day Celebration under new rules and procedures. The event will take place on July 3rd, 2020 from 7:45 - 9 p.m.
Admission to this event is free and parking is also free of charge! Fireworks begin at Dusk.
*This year, the event will be a bit different as the town adheres to social distancing guidelines.
- Staff will be on hand to direct parking and parking will be limited.
- Visitors should stay in their vehicles to adhere to distancing. There will be marked spots in the lawn if visibility from your vehicle is obstructed.
- Masks are required.
You can also watch the Fireworks safely from your home here: Corolla Fireworks Live Stream.
Ticket sales for the OBX Wedding Fest on November 8th are on sale now!
Slather on that sunscreen and throw on some shades because this weekend will be a hot one!
As North Carolina moved into Phase 2 of reopening, restaurants were granted permission to re-open for dine in services at 50% capacity. It is still recommended that tables are distanced and that no more than six people should sit at a table unless they are a family from the same household. Make sure to call before dining out to make sure that the restaurant you are going to is allowing dine-in customers. Take-out and delivery services are also still offered. You can find a list of caterers and restaurants in the area here.
Jockey’s Ridge Crossing will be hosting the Annual Sunset Festival this year running from June 8th to August 21st. Make it a fun trip to Jockeys Ridge Crossing to experience their nightly events, shopping, sweet treats, and walk up the sand dunes to experience the serene sunsets. The Outer Banks has one of the best places to view the evening Sunset on Jockeys Ridge Sand Dunes. Stop by the Kitty Hawk Kites store to pick up a kite to fly while watching the sunset.
- Thursday from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday from 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sunday from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Steve Hauser will be playing at Ocean Boulevard July 3rd beginning at 6 p.m.
- Check out the Under the Tent live performances at NC Coast Grill & Bar in Duck. The shows run weekly.
- 7/3: The Wilder Brothers at 6 p.m.
- 7/4: Live Music at 6 p.m.
- 7/6: Bryan Campbell at 6 p.m.
- 7/7: Greg Shelton at 6 p.m.
- 7/8: The Wilder Brothers at 6 p.m.
- 7/9: Steve Hauser at 6 p.m.
- Kim Kalman performs on the patio at The Froggy Dog Restaurant & Pub every Wednesday and Friday from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. and on Sundays from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- The Outer Banks Brewing Station will be hosting Backyard Music Sessions this weekend:
- Paul Urban & Friends will be at Sanctuary Vineyards this Saturday, June 27th from noon until 3 p.m.
- Kitty Hawk
- Downtown Manteo
- Kill Devil Hills
- Jennette's Pier
The pier will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Ticketing will be outside and all interactive exhibits, the Pier Shop, the Public Bathhouse, the Surfside Classroom and Oceanview Hall will be closed.