This Week on the Outer Banks | July 24, 2020 - July 31, 2020
July 17th - July 24th, 2020
The Outer Banks Wedding Association has been hosting We Do! Sessions with our vendors here on the Outer Banks. Different creative vendors teach us how to do something and we ask them follower submitted questions. Check them out on our Instagram TV Channel @obxwa This week, we had the pleasure of sitting down with Sarah D'Ambra of Sarah D'Ambra Photography.
North Carolina will remain in Phase 2 for two more weeks until the next announcement is made on August 5th. Visitors and residents are encouraged to follow the “Three W’s” as outlined by the N.C. Department of Health & Human Services. (WEAR a face covering, WAIT in line at least six feet away from others, and WASH or sanitize hands frequently.)
Ticket sales for the OBX Wedding Fest on November 8th are on sale now!
It has been the HOTTEST week on the Outer Banks with the heat index rising above 100°!Remember sunscreen and definitely bring an umbrella! Hopefully a few showers throughout the weekend will cool things down.
As North Carolina moved into Phase 2 of reopening, restaurants were granted permission to re-open for dine in services at 50% capacity. It is still recommended that tables are distanced and that no more than six people should sit at a table unless they are a family from the same household. Make sure to call before dining out to make sure that the restaurant you are going to is allowing dine-in customers. Take-out and delivery services are also still offered. You can find a list of caterers and restaurants in the area here.
Jockey’s Ridge Crossing will be hosting the Annual Sunset Festival this year running from June 8th to August 21st. Make it a fun trip to Jockeys Ridge Crossing to experience their nightly events, shopping, sweet treats, and walk up the sand dunes to experience the serene sunsets. The Outer Banks has one of the best places to view the evening Sunset on Jockeys Ridge Sand Dunes. Stop by the Kitty Hawk Kites store to pick up a kite to fly while watching the sunset.
They will also be hosting weekly Cornhole Tournaments on Wednesdays at 10a.m. and again at 1p.m.
- Thursday from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday from 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
- Sunday from 12 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Join us in the backyard for Brew & Arts every Monday! Local artists, local brew and great food. This event is free of charge and family friendly. Rotating local artists will be selling art, jewelry, pottery and more in the Beer Garden (weather permitting). The OBX Muse bus will be on site as well!
- Check out the Under the Tent live performances at NC Coast Grill & Bar in Duck. The shows run weekly.
- 7/24: The Wilder Brothers at 6 p.m.
- 7/25: Live Music at 6 p.m.
- 7/27: Bryan Campbell at 6 p.m.
- 7/28: Greg Shelton at 6 p.m.
- 7/29: The Wilder Brothers at 6 p.m.
- 7/30: Steve Hauser at 6 p.m.
- Kim Kalman performs on the patio at The Froggy Dog Restaurant & Pub every Wednesday and Friday from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. and on Sundays from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- The Outer Banks Brewing Station will be hosting Backyard Music Sessions this weekend:
- 7/24: Stephen Brown Band at 6 p.m.
- 7/25: Jonny Waters at 6 p.m.
- 7/26: Graham Outten at 6 p.m.
- Kitty Hawk
- Downtown Manteo
- Kill Devil Hills
- Jennette's Pier
- Cape Hatteras National Seashore reopened walking access to the tip of Cape Point on July 7 using a shoreline corridor, and provided nearly an extra tenth of a mile access for ORVs. From the current ORV boundary, it is only a short 800 foot walk to the tip of Cape Point.
Passenger ferry service between Hatteras and Ocracoke resumed on July 3rd. Face masks are encouraged.
The schedule is: From Hatteras: 9:30 a.m., 1 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.From Ocracoke: 11 a.m., 3 p.m. and 8 p.m.
A one-way trip takes approximately 70 minutes.
The fare will be $5 one way for adults with an additional $1 for bicycles. Children 3 and under may ride for free. A free tram operated by Hyde County will be available to shuttle visitors around the village, with golf carts and bicycles available for rental from private vendors.
Passengers may purchase tickets directly at the Hatteras or Ocracoke-Silver Lake Terminals on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations will be available at www.ncferry.org or by calling 1-800-BY-FERRY.
- A new 9-hole disc golf course, Ace Run, is now open at North End Park located at the northern end of Roanoke Island. Dare County Parks and Recreation operates the park and designed the short course with families and beginners in mind.
Located near the William B. Umstead Bridge, the Ace Run disc golf course features a mostly flat and lightly wooded landscape with grass tees. The park area also has a restroom facility and is open from 7 a.m. until sunset. Grab a disc and enjoy free outdoor family fun at Ace Run at North End Park located at 1788 North Highway 64, Manteo, NC 27954.